Linksys Router Setup
Using a Linksys router makes life easier for all of us. Not only are the Linksys routers easier to Login, but the many features of the Linksys devices make them the most popular router of our time. They are designed efficiently and made with simplicity in mind. You can read about and know the many procedures of the Linksys Router like the Linksys router setup, the 192.168.1.1 smart wifi sign in page that is linksyssmartwifi.com and the Linksys router reset and will never forget them once you know about them.
This is because each procedure follow a step-by-step description which you can read about here. Once you read about these, it’s not so difficult to forget about them. We have mentioned all of them below so head over and read about how you can complete the Linksys router login, Linksys router setup, Linksys router reset, and also mark out steps on how to reboot Linksys router. We have also marked out a few FAQs which will help you in resolving a few basic errors or issues you may have while working with Linksys devices.
In case you find any issue while completing any of the below mentioned procedure, you can call us live on our toll free number and our technicians can help you resolve these.
The Linksys router login process is the easiest of all known procedures. To complete the Linksys router login simply follow these 2-part procedures. These include the hardware setup and the software login to Linksyssmartwifi.com.
For the Hardware setup:
- The first thing to do is to pick up these devices and make the physical connections. So start by connecting your Linksys router to the modem using an Ethernet cable. Connect the Ethernet cable to the LAN port of the modem and the other end to the Internet port of the router.
- Now connect the router to a PC or a Laptop that you would need for the Linksys smart wi-fi login process. To do this, take another Ethernet cable and connect to the computer or laptop and insert the other end in LAN port of the Linksys Wireless Router.
- Finally, turn on the power of the Linksys router, Modem and the computer to finally access the many settings of the device by logging on to the Linksyssmartwifi.com page.
Login using PC
- The Linksys wireless device now needs to be logged in using a PC. Since you have connected the computer using an Ethernet cable, the device will gain access to the router network. Alternatively, you can also access the network wirelessly by connecting to the wireless network shared by it and using the passkey and SSID mentioned at the back of the router.
(Note: The Wireless connection is not reliable and thus is not preferred during the setup phase of the device.)
- Open a web browser on the device connected to the network shared by Linksys device and go to the web address Linksyssmartwifi.com which is the Linksys smart wifi default login page. You can also use the 192.168.1.1 smart wifi sign in IP address which is standard for all Linksys routers.
- Once the Linksys router login page opens up, it will ask you for the username and password to enter it. The password for it is ‘admin’ and as for the username, you can leave it blank. If in case you have changed these before, you need to enter the new admin username and passwords.
Linksys Router Setup
If this is the first time you are setting up your Linksys device, follow the below mentioned steps and easily complete the Linksys router setup process. The Linksys router login process has been shared above and must be performed first in order to gain access to the Linksys router and setup the device. The next steps are:
- After you have successfully gained access to the Linksys router login page using the above-mentioned steps, you will reach the setup page. It will be the 192.168.1.1 smart wifi sign in page with the simple setup algorithm starting if you are logging in the router for the first time.
- The first thing it will ask you to do is to decide the type of connection you have. If you have a connection which automatically gains the IP address via DHCP, select that. Else, manually enter the credentials by selecting one of the following Static IP, PPPoE, PPTP, L2TP, Telstra Cable.
- Once the IP address settings are complete, you will be asked to setup the wireless network and select the appropriate settings for it. You will be asked now to enter the appropriate SSID and passkey. You will also decide the wireless channel and the wireless settings of the router.
(Note: The WPA-2 is the most secured and preferable.)
- The device will now show you a page asking you to confirm all the settings you have just made. If you feel that it is not as what you wanted them to be, you can restart the whole process.
Linksys Router Reset
Linksys router is an efficient device. Yet, sometimes, due to several reasons, there comes a need when we have to complete the Linksys router reset process. This could be because of incorrect settings made on the router, or due to malfunctioned firmware. The Linksys router reset process is specifically made to ensure quick and clean way of wiping any previous settings clean off the router.
There are basically two ways to complete Linksys router reset which answer your query ‘how to reboot Linksys router’. These are:
This method asks for you to login to Linksyssmartwifi.com, the Linksys smart wifi default login page. The complete procedure on how to reboot Linksys router is:
- The first thing you need to do is to login to your Linksys wireless router using a PC or a laptop using the 192.168.1.1 smart wifi sign in IP address.
- Once on Linksyssmartwifi.com, the Linksys smart wifi default login page, head over to the factory defaults tab.
- Under that tap on the Restore Factory Defaults button.
With that, your LEDs will start blinking stating that the Linksys router reset is underway. Please do not disconnect from the network until the reset process is complete.
The simpler way to Reset Linksys router is by the Hardware reset of the device. To know how to reboot Linksys router using hardware method, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Find the little Reset button placed at the back of the router. It will be embedded inside the device with a little opening, as wide as the width of a paper clip.
- Take a paper clip or any other strong sharp object and press down on it until you hear a click sound.
- Keep holding down on the button for around 8-10 seconds until the LED lights start blinking.
- Setup the device once the reset process is complete.
During the Linksys router setup and Linksys router login processes, there must be a number of doubts that you may need to clear up. We have written down a few basic ones that are most frequently asked. In case you have specific queries, you can call us on our toll free number or chat with us live using the chat window provided below.
The rest of the FAQs are:
- The first thing that you need to ensure is that the SSID name that you are trying to connect to is the same as that of your router.
- Also check the wireless security that you have enabled on your Linksys device. It needs to be the same as that you are using to connect to the Linksys wireless router on your Laptop or computer.
Make sure you follow these steps in order to isolate and resolve the issue that’s keeping your computer from connecting to the internet:
- The first thing that you need to ensure is that your Linksys wireless router is powered on. Also ensure that the power LED that you have on your Linksys device is solid and is not blinking which indicates a problem.
- In a scenario where it is blinking, go on and turn off all of your devices connected to the wireless network. This includes the computer, the router and the Laptop or Computer. After they have been switched off, switch them on in the following sequence:
1. Cable or DSL modem
- Next ensure that all the cable connections are properly made. Ensure that the computer is connected to the wireless router through ports 1-4. Also check the cable connection from modem to the wireless router. The modem from the cable needs to be connected in the internet port of the Linksys wireless router.
Before you can start with the firmware upgrade, you need to have the Latest Linksys firmware upgrade file downloaded on your system that you are using to update the firmware. This is easily available using the Linksys router official support website. Just go to the website and download the latest firmware file using the model number of your device.
Once this is done, we can start with the installation of the latest firmware. Follow the below-mentioned steps to install the latest firmware in your Linksys device:
- Step 1: Open a web browser on the PC and go to Linksyssmartwifi.com, the Linksys smart wifi default login page. You can also use the 192.168.1.1 smart wifi sign in IP address.
- Step 2: Enter the appropriate credentials for the Linksys router login. The process for the same has been mentioned above.
- Step 3: Go to Administration tab and under that, find the Firmware Upgrade option.
- Step 4: You will now be asked to update the latest Firmware file.
- Step 5: Find the location where you have downloaded the latest firmware file and upload that in the Linksys smart wifi default login page.
- Step 6: Press on the start upgrade button and wait for the Firmware upgrade to be completed.
- Step 7: Once the Firmware upgrade is complete, a ‘Continue’ prompt will open up. Click on that
- Step 8: Finally, turn your Linksys router OFF once and then turn it back ON.
Your Linksys router firmware upgrade process is now complete and now has the latest security settings and upgraded software support.
For all other questions or queries related to Linksys router setup, Linksys router login, and Linksys router reset processes, you can simply call us on our contact number. It is a toll-free number and we also give you an option to chat live with us. Our technicians will be more than happy to resolve all your queries.