How do you access a home router as admin? This is the major query that most of the people with wireless router ask. Considering this query, today we will discuss how to access the wireless router as admin. The admin here basically stands for “Administration”. To access the router as admin, means getting into the router and modifying its configurations. You can do this only if you have access to the admin rights of the router. Without any further discussion, let’s jump on to the process of accessing a home router as admin.
How do you access a home router as admin: Process?
As you also have searched for the query “how do you access a home router as admin”, follow the steps given below:
- Verify that your computer is connected to the wireless router by either wired or wireless mode. If the connection is wired, make sure the cable used is RJ45 Ethernet cable.
- Make sure you know the default IP address of your wireless router because this will help you to get into it. The IP address is usually like 192.168.1.1.
NOTE: In case you don’t know the IP address of your wireless router, look for the wireless label on the bottom of the router. You will find all the information on your router and its network. Make sure you take a note of the credentials.
- Now open a web browser of your choices like Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. After you launch the web browser, enter the default IP address of your wireless router into the address bar.
- Your browser will now take you to the router’s login page where you will see a small window asking for router administrative username and password.
- Enter the administrative username and password into the respective fields. The admin credentials are as follows:
Username: admin, Password: admin or password
- Click on the login tab and the router’s admin console will appear on your screen. The router admin console is basically a single window for all your configurations and settings. If you want to update the router settings, follow the on-screen instructions to do so.
Now you can also answer if someone asks you “how do you access a home router as admin”.
How do you access a home router as admin: Issue?
Some of the routers may not work with above-mentioned instructions. These routers need a dedicated app. The users need to download the app of the manufacturer to get into their router. In case you can’t access the home router as admin, reset the router to the default factory settings and then proceed to access the router.
We hope that this article helped you to get into the home router as admin. If you face an issue while attempting to perform the steps, give us a call on our Toll-Free number and we will guide you in the best possible way.