Are you searching for “i can’t get it to connect linksys re6500”? If so, this article can be of most use for you. In this article, we will explain all the reasons which may make you unable to connect with your RE6500 Linksys extender.
Following are the list of all the major factors that you can face during Linksys Re6500 setup process:
- The Linksys RE6500 extender is placed out of router’s range or placed at the edge of the signal zone.
- Maybe you are using the incorrect wireless key or password.
- One of the factors can be incapability of wireless adapters for WPA2 Personal.
- Another reason can be outdated adapter devices or outdated firmware.
Now we are going to explain some troubleshooting tips that can help you to resolve your problem i.e. “i can’t get it to connect linksys re6500”. Have a look at below given points:
1. Cannot connect the range extender to the router?
Here are some steps that you can do to troubleshoot this issue:
- You need to make sure that you are using the same wifi name and password as your existing wireless router.
- While setting up the Linksys extender, you may need to place the range extender closer to the router. Once Linksys extender gets set up, you can unplug it and place it wherever you want.
- If still, you can’t get it to connect linksys re6500 then you are recommended to locate it to some other location because this may have been caused due to more penetration losses of wifi signal.
- It is also recommended to avoid placing the router and range extender near metal objects, and reflective surfaces such as glass or mirrors.
- You are also advised to avoid placing the router and range extender near other electronics that may cause signal interference.
- In case you are connecting to your device using WPS method, wait until the WPS indicator turns amber and then have to try again to establish a connection with the router.
2. Unable to access the Linksys RE6500 web-based setup page?
If you cannot access the Linksys RE6500, try the following troubleshooting methods:
- First, you have to ensure you are connected to the extended Wi-Fi name of your range extender.
- Next, check the indicator light of the range extender to identify the status of your device.
- Then, power cycle the Linksys extender. You can do this by disconnecting the range extender from the power source and then reconnecting it again.
- Now, look up IP address of your extender on your wireless router’s DHCP Client Table and try to ping it.
- By doing the ping test, you can trace the communication between the computer and the range extender.
- If nothing works, try to reset the extender and go through the setup process again.
- For more detailed information, dial our toll-free no.
3. Intermittent connection issues?
- First of all, ensure that the drivers installed in your PC are updated. If not, try to update the drivers.
- If you have a number of devices connected to the same wifi connection through a default gateway or router, then chances of your connection dropping are very high. It is crucial to place your router in the perfect spot if your wireless Internet keeps dropping.
- If you are experiencing an unstable wifi connection issue then your ISP may be a good source to check.
Hope by following the above steps, your issue “i can’t get it to connect linksys re6500” will get fixed. If you are still facing issues related to Netgear router, you can call the Netgear router experts who have years of experience and resolve your issues fast. For further assistance, simply call us on our toll-free number or chat live with us.