Without any doubt, our daily lives revolve around wifi. The Wireless network is so important nowadays that we do every work with the help of the internet. That’s why we are always in need of high-speed routers. So, if you are looking for a router that is capable of quality coverage throughout your home, Linksys wireless router can be a good option. If we talk about Linksys wireless router setup, it is very instant, simple and trouble-free.
Setting up Linksys routers with internet service can be done either by manual configuring your router’s settings or inserting the installation CD. This blog will guide you through the manually installation and configuration of the Linksys wireless router.
Things you’ll require to set up Linksys router:
- Linksys router
- Ethernet cable (2)
- Linksys router username and Password
- Internet Connection
- Username and Password for Internet connection
- IP address of the Linksys router
- Insert one end of the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet jack of your modem and another end on the back of the Linksys router.
- Next, plug one-end of another Ethernet cable into your computer and other-end into one of the ports labeled 1-4 on the router.
- Your computer is now connected to your Linksys router; you can begin its setup and configuration.
- Open any web browser of your choice. Type http://192.168.1.1 into the address bar of the browser.
- On the Linksys router login screen, type the username and password.
Username: is left empty, Password: admin
- Click ‘OK’
Set up Linksys router:
- Once you are logged in, click on the ‘Wireless tab’ on the top of the setting screen. Change the SSID (Wireless network name) from the default to something unique. Then, disable the ‘SSID Broadcast’ option and click on the ‘Save Settings’ and then continue.
- Now, click on the Wireless security to protect your wireless network. Use ‘Security Mode’ drop-down box to select WPA. Choose a password and type it into the Passphrase box. Then, click save settings and then continue.
- Now, click on the Wireless MAC Filter and enable the wireless MAC Filter option and select permit only PCs option listed to access the wireless network. Click on the option ‘Save settings’ and then ‘Continue’
- From the top of the page, click on the Administration tab. To secure your wireless network, Change the default password of your Linksys router. The password should be at least 6 to 8 characters in length. Click on the Save settings button located at the bottom of the Filter List and then press continue.
- Your Linksys wireless setup is now completed.
During the process of setup and installation of Linksys router, problems may crop up due to miscellaneous reasons including security software like antivirus/ firewall etc. If the issues continue to disrupt your Linksys wireless router setup, call our technical team at their 24*7 available toll-free numbers or mail them, as they will be more than happy to guide you.