The Linksys router admin page is the control panel for your router, where all your settings are changed and stored. In order to make changes to your router, you have to make access to Linksys router login page. Learning how to access Linksys router admin page is very important when you want to configure the advanced settings of your router.
Why do I need to access Linksys router admin page?
On the admin page, you can make some important configurations such as changing the wireless name and password, Setting up wireless security for your network, Firewall settings, Changing default network name and many more. Therefore, in this blog, we will provide you with steps to access the admin page of your router. You can access your Linksys login page by using either web address i.e. linksyssmartwifi.com or IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1.
Now let’s start the Linksys router login process:
Things to remember
It is highly recommended to use a hardware connection from your computer to the Linksys router for accessing the Linksys router setup page to ensure a stable connection and to avoid possible errors.
Configuring the router
- Take the Linksys router out of the box and gather router, modem and Ethernet cable.
- Take an Ethernet cable and plug it into port 1 on the back of the router and take the other end and plug it into network port of your laptop or PC.
- With the help of second Ethernet cable, connect your Linksys router with the modem.
- Power up your router and modem.
- Turn on your laptop or PC.
Instructions on how to access Linksys router admin page
Follow the steps which are given below to log in to your Linksys router in order to access the Linksys router admin page.
- On your laptop or PC, open a web browser such as Firefox or Internet Explorer or whichever browser you like.
- Go to the address bar of your web browser and type in http://192.168.1.1 and press ‘Enter.’
- A Linksys router login box will appear at the center of the screen prompting you for password and username.
- Enter the login credentials in the required fields; enter ‘admin’ in the username and ‘admin’ in the password field, then click on the ‘Ok’ button to log into the Linksys router.
- Now, you will have the access of Linksys router admin page where you can configure and manage the advanced settings of your Linksys router.
Encountering difficulties in accessing admin page of Linksys router
If you face difficulty while accessing the Linksys router setup page then it can be due to following reasons.
- Improper hardware connection
- Wrong IP address
- Wrong username and password used to log in
- Browser Issues
To ensure proper setup and configuration of the router, follow these steps:
For Wireless connection: You need to check the connections between the modem and router. Also, make sure that computer is connected to the wireless network successfully.
Checking router’s LED: After connecting the devices together, check the lights of the router. Ensure that the internet LED and light corresponding to the Ethernet port is working properly.
Check router’s IP address: Make sure you are using the correct IP address to access the Linksys router login page.
Correct login details: Enter the default login credentials to log into your router. In case, you have changed the username and password during the installation, use that instead.
Resetting Linksys router: If you are still unable to access the admin page, then you can try resetting your router. Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds with the help of a sharp object. Release the button and wait for the router to reboot and then try accessing the admin page.
TIP- If the web-based setup page isn’t displaying properly on the browser then you can try clearing the cache settings of your browser.
If you are still confused how to access Linksys router admin page or if you are facing difficulty to sign in to your Linksys router then you can call us on our toll-free number which is accessible 24/7. We have a team of router and extender experts who can provide you with some quick tips to resolve your issues.